Image: Renata Buziak, Black Wattle (Callicoma serratifolia) Delight, 2022
Join us at Binna Burra Lodge for ANS Program Celebrations!!!
Art. Nature. Science. (ANS) Program
- Performance: Gondwana Echoes by Bloom Collective at 3pm
- Artist-in-Residence Exhibition Opening: Gondwanan Biochromes by Renata Buziak
- Podcast Launch: Art. Nature. Science. at Binna Burra
- Book Launch: Art. Nature. Science. at Binna Burra
Welcome to Country: Uncle Ted Williams
Event Host: Suzanne Noakes, BBL Shareholder, Vice President Lamington Natural History Association (LNHA), Community Volunteer, Bushwalker, Travel Enthusiast.
- The inaugural Artist-in-Residence, Renata Buziak’s EXHIBITION Opening will be preceded by a performance by Bloom Collective.
Renata Buziak is the first Artist-in-Residence at Binna Burra Lodge in the legacy of Vida Lahey, a prominent Queensland artist (1882 -1968). Renata’s new work features biochrome images of native flora from Binna Burra, with focus on Gondwana lineage plants.
Bloom Collective: Jan Baker-Finch (movement), Renata Buziak (images), Erik Griswold (sound), Vicki Kelleher (poetry), Vanessa Tomlinson (sound).
Binna Burra Lodge
Mt Roberts & Pottery Shed
1040 Binna Burra Rd
The Scenic Rim Hinterland of the Gold Coast
Date: Opening Sunday 4th December 2022
Time: 3:00pm – 5:30pm
Everyone Welcome – Free event
Exhibition continues 5-15 December at the Pottery Shed
Monday, Tuesday 9am – 5pm
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 11am – 7pm
Saturday, Sunday 9am – 5pm
other times on request
Daily art activity for children and adults (pop in any time)
Exhibition Tours with the artist:
Tuesday 6 December 4-5pm
Wednesday 7 December 11am-12pm
Sunday 11 December 1-2pm
Wednesday 13 December 1-2 pm
Exhibition Closing Artist Talk:
Thursday 15th December 4-5pm
- Launch of Binna Burra’s PODCAST, an initiative of Art. Nature. Science. (ANS) Program, managed by Michelle Walker, a visual artist based in Northern Rivers and the first Binna Burra Lodge Podcast host and Manager.
Art. Nature. Science. on the Binna Burra Cultural Landscape is a podcast that tells the story of the mountain’s natural wonder through art-making and exploring the creative spirit, and celebrates the history and heritage of the magnificent World Heritage Area that is Lamington National Park.
- Launch of Binna Burra’s BOOK, an initiative of ANS Program, managed by Lynn Sawtell, edited by Jayne Fenton Keane.
This publication provides documentation of Binna Burra’s 2022 ANS Program: from its inception, legacy and historical basis, to the scientific inquiry and artistic practices that continue to inspire the community and nurture its connection to nature.
Focusing on the local environment, engagement of diverse disciplines and support of volunteers that made it all possible, it provides a snapshot of creative, personal and scientific responses to Lamington National Park’s unique natural environment.
It is a guide to inspire Art. Nature. Science. Program leaders of the future.